500 Common Korean Idioms is a useful learner’s tool that presents the 500 most commonly used Korean idioms in a clear and easy-to-follow manner.
Structured with practicality in mind, the book presents:
- idioms with their literal and natural translations;
- usage notes describing the meaning, typical use, and any related cultural topic;
- several example sentences providing context and showing appropriate use of each idiom;
- important vocabulary and expressions highlighted in each chapter for review;
- an MP3 file for each idiom (online).
Suitable for intermediate to advanced learners of Korean, 500 Common Korean Idioms provides a step-by-step approach to gaining greater fluency through a grasp of the most common idioms in the language.
Table of Contents
Organization of idioms
Presentation of idiom entries
List of idiom entries
500 common Korean idioms
Appendix: idioms by theme
Danielle O. Pyun is Associate Professor of Korean at the Ohio State University, USA.