Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People and Picture Books
Guidebook and Seven Storybooks Set
This set contains the guidebook Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People alongside seven therapeutic storybooks, including How Monsters Wish to Feel. The guidebook outlines ways to use these beautifully told and visually appealing stories to nurture emotional resilience with children. This set of guidebook and storybooks will be invaluable tools for anyone working to build emotional resilience with children and young people.
How Monsters Wish to Feel is a therapeutic story about a journey to develop emotional resilience. Using the analogy of the Japanese art of Kintsugi, whereby broken pottery is restored to wholeness with a golden lacquer, the story alludes to the importance of focusing on the strengths and protective factors in a child's life, rather than the problems and risks, in order to promote emotional resilience.
The guidebook provides practical strategies to support children's emotional resilience at a whole-school and more targeted level, centering around the 'Resiliency Rainbow Toolkit', a ready-to-use theoretical model that draws upon a range of ideas and approaches, offers learning objectives, facilitator notes, discussion questions and student activities that act as a resiliency building programme.
Each storybook tells of a journey centred around a particular theme; such as emotional resilience, self-care, friendship, stress, resilient thinking and dealing with loss. These beautifully illustrated storybooks will appeal to all children, and can be used by practitioners, educators and parents as a tool to discuss emotional resilience and other important issues with children.
The set includes:
- Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People (ISBN: 9781909301856)
- How Monsters Wish to Feel: A Story about Emotional Resilience (ISBN: 9781909301849)
- The Boat Star: A Story about Loss (ISBN: 9781138308824)
- The Boy Who Longed to Look at the Sun: A Story about Self-Care (ISBN: 9781138308923)
- The Day the Sky Fell In: A Story about Finding your Element (ISBN: 9781138308886)
- The Girl who Collected Her Own Echo: A Story about Friendship (ISBN: 9781138308893)
- The Hot and Bothered Air Balloon: A Story about Feeling Stressed (ISBN: 9781138309029)
- The Tale of Two Fishes: A Story about Resilient Thinking (ISBN: 9781138308848)
The seven storybooks can also be purchased as a set (ISBN: 9781138556478).
**Purchasing the set represents a 40% saving compared to individually purchasing each book. Therefore, the set cannot be combined with any other offer.**
Table of Contents
Guidebook Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People
7 fully illustrated storybooks
Juliette Ttofa is a Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist with 15 years’ experience working with children and young people. She specialises in supporting resilience and well-being in vulnerable children.
Julia Gallego is a picture book illustrator and designer, and a graduate of the Manchester School of Art