Pass the QTS Skills Test with Confidence is the must-have guide for all prospective trainee teachers. It will provide you with the skills guidance, subject knowledge and confidence you need to pass the Literacy and Numeracy QTS Skills Tests, make an application that stands out and sail through interview day.
Online support provided on the companion website includes tests to audit your subject knowledge. The first section of the book introduces you to the tests and how to prepare for them, and covers the areas of knowledge tested. The second section offers advice to help you write a personal statement that stands out, make a successful application and get ready for your interview. Extensive online support provided on the companion website includes tests to audit your subject knowledge.
Key topics covered include:
- Developing your exam technique
- Mastering the mental arithmetic test
- Succeeding in the written questions
- How to use spelling, grammar and punctuation correctly
- Successfully applying for teaching training courses
- Acing the interview
Written by expert teacher trainers with first-hand experience of both interviewing candidates and helping students pass the QTS Skills Tests, this is an essential purchase for all prospective teachers.
Table of Contents
1. Why do I need to take the Skills Tests? 2. What do the Tests Look Like? 3. How should I Prepare for the Tests? 4. Mastering the Mental Arithemetic Test 5. Success in the Written Questions 6. Successful Spelling 7. Using Grammar Effectively 8. Perfect Punctuation 9. Comprehending Comprehension 10. Successfully Applying for Teaching Training Courses 11. Acing the Interview
Tony Cotton is a writer and educational consultant. Previously he has been Head of the School of Education and Childhood at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK, Programme Leader for the BA Primary Education at Nottingham Trent University, UK, and Course Leader for the PGCE Mathematics at Nottingham University, UK.
Dave Klemm has experience as Head of English across a range of secondary schools in Yorkshire. He has carried out many Ofsted inspections and worked at Leeds University, UK, on the PGCE Secondary English.
Featured Author Profiles
Please visit our companion website for additional support materials.